March 22, 2012
There are 2 mostly used sitemaps. 1) XML Sitemap and 2) HTML Sitemap
1) XML Sitemap is used for the search engine bots which is hard to understand by the humans. It lists all the pages of the website and helps spiders in indexing and crawling the web pages easily. Click here to check the example of XML Sitemap.
2) First, what is HTML Sitemap? HTML Sitemap structures the website and lists all the pages. It also passes the link juice and is easy for humans read and understand. HTML Sitemap is generally used for the website visitors and it is the must have in every SEO campaign.
It simply links all the pages of your website and arrange them in an easily so that visitors can easily find and access them. This is based on your website internal structure, usually it doesn’t contain external links that points out to your website. Check our HTML Sitemap here
HOT Tip: Don’t forget to add HTML Sitemap page in your link building campaign. The more quality links this page would have, the more link juice it can pass to other pages.
Thanks for reading
BMCHosting.com provides special 18 months for the price of 12 on all new annual Signups
March 20, 2012
Before a month, I have made a small analysis and redirect the subdomain to a newly born web page that has no page authority, no links and no history. The subdomain I redirected had some links from bookmarkings, blogs and an article. Let’s see how it worked for me!
I have targeted 2 medium competitive keywords for a subdomain http://manchester.yellowgrid.co.uk both of them reached on the page 2 within a month. After convincing the client for an experiment I made a 301 redirection from the subdomain to a page here http://www.yellowgrid.co.uk/manchester-support.html and result was awesome. Keywords did well in SERPs, 1 is on the first page (10th Position) and other was on the 2nd page with some rankings upward.
This is the result for Google.co.uk – the whole link juice passed to the new page without any difficulty and within 4 days I have got the rankings for the new page.
Please share your experiments with us in the comments
March 7, 2012
Today, I am going to cover the topic “Domain Migration Process”. Please do not confuse with the domain migration, it is not included website redesign, URL structure or CMS migration. It is just how to pass the entire value of old domain to new domain without loosing potential customers and organic traffic.
Domain migration gives long term benefits to SEO especially when the new domain is more SEO friendly (i.e. targeted keywords in the domain or geolocalization with a ccTLD).
@aleyda posted a checklist to maintain the track of SEO migration process that will help with planning, implementing, monitoring and deciding the process.
Click on the image for large view
BMCHosting.com offers ColdFusion, WordPress, Drupal, Mura, Joomla Web Hosting at an affordable price with FREE CMS installation and best server setup. We take pride in our exceptional customer care and look forward to assist your business ongoing
March 7, 2012
In 2009, it is predicted that the social media and mobile web browsing will increase. But sadly most of the companies still don’t have their mobile website maybe they are not aware with the loss of not making website for mobiles!
Website design is generally used for computer browsers that are not compatible with mobile devices. The main reason of creating mobile website is, it is a small screen device and not able to download large data quickly and sometimes it doesn’t show the whole website. So it is better to have quick website for mobile devices.
Here are some must have to design mobile website.
- Do not use hard-coat styles, prefer CSS
- Avoid using tables, it makes the code messy and file heavy.
- It would be better to use XML or XHTML with UTF-8 character encoding
- Design web‘s compatible with different screen sizes
- Click target should be a minimum 30 – 40px in size and use whitespaces in between elements.
- It would be better for your business and lead generation to use the most important information on the top of the pages i.e. so that users don’t have to browse the whole website to find the required details.
- Avoid using plugins or extensions, most of the browsers don’t support it.
- Put the main services on the website. Try to have low weight website.
- Do not use heavy graphics or background images. Try to have low weight simple websites it will make the best user experience as well.
- Combine smaller images, icons into one file and use CSS file to position them on the page.
- Typing text is a difficult task on mobile devices so avoid using text fields in the form and try to have radio button and lists it will ease the user to fill-up the form.
- Forms should require minimum amount of data so that user can easily remember the data for the next time they visit the website.
BMCHosting.com is the WordPress Web Hosting Company of Fort Collins, CO provides hosting different unique features with web hosting with affordable rates.